Are you an avid golfer looking for your next great adventure? Look no further than Blue Ridge, GA. Nestled in the picturesque mountains of northern Georgia, Blue Ridge is a haven for golfers seeking a beautiful and challenging course. With its rolling hills, stunning vistas, and crisp mountain air, Blue Ridge offers a golfing experience unlike any other.
In this blog post, we’ll provide everything you need to know about golfing in Blue Ridge, GA. We’ll cover the best golf courses in the area, offer tips for planning your trip, and share some ideas for things to do beyond the links. Plus, we’ll recommend the perfect place to stay for golfers: the Out of Office Inn. With its cozy atmosphere, luxurious amenities, and convenient location, the Out of Office Inn is the perfect home base for your Blue Ridge golfing adventure. So grab your clubs and get ready for an unforgettable trip to Blue Ridge, GA.
The Best Golf Courses in and Around Blue Ridge, GA
Blue Ridge, GA and its surrounding areas are home to a number of outstanding golf courses, each with its own unique features and challenges. Here are some of the best courses to check out during your golfing adventure:
- Old Toccoa Farm – This 18-hole course offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and the Toccoa River. With its rolling fairways and challenging greens, Old Toccoa Farm is a great choice for golfers of all skill levels.
- Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa – Located just a short drive from Blue Ridge, Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa offers an 18-hole championship golf course that’s been named one of the top public courses in Georgia. With its scenic views and challenging layout, this course is a must-play for any serious golfer.
- The Golf Club at Bradshaw Farm – This 27-hole course features three distinct nines, each with its own set of challenges. From water hazards to doglegs to elevated greens, The Golf Club at Bradshaw Farm will keep you on your toes throughout your round.
- Whitepath Golf Club – Located in nearby Ellijay, Whitepath Golf Club is a hidden gem that’s perfect for golfers looking for a less crowded course. With its narrow fairways and challenging greens, Whitepath offers a true test of your golfing skills.
- Old Union Golf Course – Located just a short drive from Blue Ridge, Old Union Golf Course offers 18 holes of challenging golf in a beautiful mountain setting. With its rolling fairways, water hazards, and mountain views, Old Union is a great choice for golfers looking for a true mountain golfing experience.
No matter which course you choose, you’re sure to enjoy the natural beauty of the Blue Ridge area and the unique challenges of each course. So pack your clubs and get ready to hit the links in one of the most scenic golfing destinations in the country.
Planning Your Golf Trip to Blue Ridge, GA
Now that you know which golf courses to check out in Blue Ridge, GA, it’s time to start planning your trip. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your golfing adventure:
- Choose the right time of year to visit – Blue Ridge, GA is beautiful year-round, but the best time to visit for golfing is typically in the spring and fall. During these seasons, the weather is mild and the scenery is stunning, making for a truly unforgettable golfing experience.
- Where to stay in Blue Ridge, GA – When it comes to accommodations, there are plenty of options to choose from in Blue Ridge. If you’re looking for a luxurious golf resort, check out Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa or the Old Toccoa Farm Lodges. For a more intimate experience, consider booking a vacation rental or bed and breakfast in the area.
- Book your tee times and golf packages – To ensure that you get to play the courses you want, it’s important to book your tee times in advance. Many courses offer golf packages that include multiple rounds of golf, meals, and other perks, so be sure to check these out when planning your trip.
- Stay at the Out of Office Inn – If you’re looking for the perfect place to stay during your Blue Ridge golfing adventure, look no further than the Out of Office Inn. This cozy bed and breakfast is located just minutes from some of the best golf courses in the area, making it the perfect home base for your trip. With its comfortable rooms, luxurious amenities, and personalized service, the Out of Office Inn is sure to make your golfing vacation one to remember.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your golfing trip to Blue Ridge, GA is a success. So start planning today and get ready for an unforgettable golfing adventure in one of the most beautiful destinations in the country.
Beyond the Links: Other Things to Do in Blue Ridge, GA
While golfing may be the main attraction in Blue Ridge, GA, there are plenty of other activities and attractions to enjoy during your trip. Here are some ideas to help you make the most of your visit:
- Hiking trails and outdoor recreation – Blue Ridge is home to some of the most beautiful hiking trails in the country, including the famous Appalachian Trail. Whether you’re a seasoned hiker or just looking for a leisurely stroll, there’s a trail for you in Blue Ridge. Other outdoor activities in the area include fishing, kayaking, and mountain biking.
- Local restaurants and breweries – After a day on the links, there’s nothing better than relaxing with a good meal and a cold drink. Blue Ridge is home to a number of excellent restaurants and breweries, including the popular Blue Ridge Brewery and the upscale Harvest on Main.
- Shopping and sightseeing – Blue Ridge is also a great destination for shopping and sightseeing. The downtown area is filled with charming shops and boutiques, as well as historic landmarks like the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway and the Swan Drive-In Theatre.
No matter what your interests, there’s something for everyone in Blue Ridge, GA. So be sure to take some time to explore all that this beautiful area has to offer during your golfing vacation.
In conclusion, a golfing trip to Blue Ridge, GA is the perfect way to combine your love of golf with your passion for travel. With its stunning natural beauty, challenging courses, and abundance of activities, Blue Ridge is truly a golfer’s paradise. And by following the tips and recommendations in this blog post, you can ensure that your trip is a success. So book your tee times, pack your clubs, and get ready for an unforgettable golfing adventure in one of the most beautiful destinations in the country, with the perfect stay at the Out of Office Inn.